Wednesday 22 June 2011

Winston's Dog

I suppose my first post should be something along the lines of an introduction and explanation, so here we are!

This blog will be my diary, but written in the style of a pretentious twat. I was asked to do a series of diary entries for work purposes a few weeks ago, but since then they've become useless to my employer. I found the writing process helpful and the sending/posting process liberating, so I plan to continue here.

The style isn't false, I just write like a dickhead, but I did put more effort in for the sake of my employer. She's a writer, if you're wondering.


First things, the title. Winston's Dog is a stupid title, that's obvious, but it carries with it a euphemism popularised by Winston Churchill - that of Depression likened to the burden of a large black dog.

Speaking of a doctor whom he held in high regard, Churchill said, ""I think this man might be useful to me - if my black dog returns. He seems quite away from me now - it is such a relief. All the colours come back into the picture."

I always thought it was a beautifully miserable notion, and it's relevance to this blog will become more clear as time passes.

More eloquent Churchill quotes in the next post, until then I look forward to exploring Blogger.com a little more and seeing who else is out there.

Thanks for reading,

Chris.

10 comments:

  1. god bless winston! following!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck man! writing stuff out on a blog really can be refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds pretty cool. I wouldn't normally follow a blog with only one post, so don't let me down :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winston is the best !!! Nice Post !! Keep posting. +follow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you read about his exploits during he Boer wars? He was a really adventurous chap. =p

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sold me enough that I'm making you new blog of the day. Hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So that explains the title... I feel a little silly for not realising the who the person in the cool illustration was the first time around.

    ReplyDelete